New here? Confused? Don't know where to start? Well that's what this is for. I'm going to outline step-by-step what you need to do to get started.
1. Before you even register, read important topics such as rules, plot, etc. All of these topics are conveniently located in the info board. If you have any questions, ask in the cbox. Even if there are no staff online, there should be someone who can help you.
Note: We use stats here, but don't let that drive you away. They are very simple, and the only math you'll ever need to do regarding them is adding up your stats, which is not hard at all. The stats are necessary because of the nature of power levels and such in Bleach. Here, they're really just guidelines to determine which character is faster, physically stronger, etc. than another character.
2. If you've decided to join, that's awesome! Now to register. Remember that we are account per character. You can register with any name you want, just keep in mind that you will be asked to change your display name to the first and last name of your character (in that order) once your character is accepted. Also remember to set the height and width of your avatar to 100 in your profile, as proboards auto sets it at 65, which just looks weird.
3. Pop into the cbox and meet whoever's in there at the time. The cbox is how we all communicate, aside from PM and OOC boards, so yeah. It's also a great way to find people to RP with. Also, posting an introduction here is a great way to meet people.
4. Probably wanna get started on your first character, right? Well first consider what race you want. If you can't decide on a race, check out the positions lists here to see what positions are open or here for general information on the races here at End Point. If there's a particular faction you want to join, that may help you decide on a race. Ex: you're torn between shinigami, togabito, and arrancar, you later figure that you really want to join the Gotei 13, which only accepts Shinigami and Visored. There you go.
Also, check out the face claim list to make sure your claim isn't taken. To claim a face, simply post here to reserve it. We will make sure no one takes it while you're working on your character. Same goes for positions, although if it's been a week and you're still not finished, we will put the claims back up for grabs.
5. After deciding on a race, go get the template you need. All race templates can be found here. Quote to get the template.
Note: While we prefer you use the fancy templates, if the coding intimidates you, ask a staff to make you a simple BBcode template.
6. Now that you've decided your race, picked your face to claim (if you have one) and grabbed the appropriate template, it's time to get to work! First, you might want to post your profile as a WIP to help secure the spot/face claim before someone else gets it, as mentioned above. Once you've done that, you'll need to hop on over to the technique creation board, grab the template, and begin your techniques. Once your techniques have been approved by staff, add them to your application.
Note: You must have your techniques approved before you can add them to your profile. Because of this, your profile will not be graded until your techniques are approved.
7. Once you have finished your profile and it has been approved you will be given your Class and Level, along with a set amount of points. Information on the classes and levels can be found here. You allocate these points to your stats (i.e HAN: 3, SEI: 2, etc.) in the appropriate field of your template. If you have a resurreccion/visored mask/bankai/True Form/Vollstandig, don't forget to add the stat boosts you'll get to the appropriate section of your template. For all information regarding stats, read the stat system thread. If you still have questions, don't hesitate to ask any online staff, or even other members in the cbox as they can help you too.
8.Once you have an approved character, you can now make a thread to RP in, or you can join an already open topic! You can make a thread anywhere you want, although please remember certain races would need reasons to be where they are (i.e a Shinigami or Arrancar would need a reason or a way they ended up in Hell). If you've chosen to make a topic of your own, you can post it in the open thread listing, to tell others you are open for RP (just remember to follow the template), or talk to people in the OOC thread, the Chat Box, or even the IC thread to show off your character.
9. Just have fun in general. Feel free to post in the OOC boards and remember that we are liquid-time, so you can have your character in as many threads as you wish. If you have any serious concerns, please PM a staff member: do not fill up the cbox with it.