important rules . important rules . important rules
⤷STARTING OUT,, Sign up with your character's full name like so: First Name Last Name. If you want to make multiple characters, each one will need a new account. There is no limit on how many characters one can have, as long as you plan to be active with all of them. Also, try to stick with one name in the cbox, or else things get confusing.
⤷GRAPHICS,, Avatar size should be exactly 140x200, otherwise it may look odd. Note that your avatar will be automatically resized by staff if you do not follow this. We will not bother to crop it. If you're too lazy to get your image to the correct size, prepare to have a stretched, crappy-looking one. Signatures should be no wider than 500px, and no higher than 350px. If your signature stretches the board, it will be removed and PMed to you. If you need help resizing anything, just ask.
⤷RESERVES,, All reserves (face claim or position) last 7 days. After a week has passed, if you still aren't finished, any claims you might have are opened up for other people. To reserve, simply post a WIP profile with the position/face claim section filled out filled out. You can reserve face claims in advance by posting here.
⤷POSITIONS You may only have 2 characters in high positions (captain, Espada, Sin, Obelisk). This is to ensure that there are spots available for other people.
⤷GENERAL Treat eveyone with kindness and respect. Hateful or abusive conduct may earn you a ban. Trolling, racism, sexism, etc. will not be tolerated.
Explicit sexual content is not permitted anywhere on this site. This includes pictures, videos, text, and anything else that others could find offensive. Note: some people like to joke around, so try not to get offended. We're all old enough to understand, hopefully. It's when people are made uncomfortable that the joking becomes an issue.
There is an advertisement forum here. That is the only place where advertisements are allowed.
Refrain from bugging staff members about grading. We'll get to it when we can. Most of the time, within the hour.
⤷ROLE-PLAY/CHARACTERS This site is liquid-time, meaning that a character can be in more than one thread at a time.
We do not have a word count, though it's a given that you shouldn't pull one-liners. If you give someone 100 words when they've given you 600, they might not appreciate it. Also use proper English. If your posts are hard to understand, some people may not want to thread with you (and earning points is a lot tougher).
RP posts, as well as applications should be written in third person.
If a character is inactive for a month or more, their application will be archived, and their claims (position and face claim) will be stripped. Any characters with a high position (captain, Espada, Sin, Obelisk) need at least 3 IC posts a month, or they will be archived. We need characters in those positions to be active.
For characters below the rank of AD-1, history is not mandatory. You can leave it blank. Just keep in mind that without a history, your character won't have much depth. So this is good for those who just want to make a quick character. So yeah, for ranks ranging from BG-3 to AD-2, you can skip history, if you want.
No godmoding, auto-hitting, or metagaming. If you don't know what those terms mean, you might be in the wrong place.
Make sure that you tag your threads appropriately [open], [closed], [private], [character name], [no death], [past event], etc. to avoid random people coming into the thread. If your thread touches on any heavy subjects, has extreme gore, innuendo, or exceedingly coarse language, please tag it with [CW], for content warning.
1. Don't spam ;; don't post any more than 5 times in a row. You can say it all in one post, or you can wait until someone responds. Don't post meaningless things continuously, ie, song lyrics, dots, or random faces. It's annoying, pointless, and a waste of everyone's time. If you want to get someone's attention or join a conversation, say something relevant.
2. No animated gifs ;; they can make the cbox slower for some people.
3. Don't advertise ;; don't even talk about other sites. You can talk about those sites on well... that site. No one wants to hear you complain about other sites, and no one wants to see someone advertising in the cbox, either.
4. Don't be a dick ;; do not insult others, do not be rude. If you don't like what someone else is talking about (if it doesn't violate rules), suck it up. If you don't like it, don't comment on it. Do not discriminate against others, do not incite arguments. Should a subject cause large amounts of unrest, you are to drop it immediately. In addition, if you really don’t like someone, just don’t talk to them. Simple.
5. Keep heavy, controversial subjects out of the cbox ;; if the conversation deeply offends someone or takes a dark turn, you will be asked to drop it. Keep your personal problems out of the cbox. If you really need to talk to someone about it, PM them.
6. PG-13 ;; do not go into graphic detail about sex or anything related. In general, it's best if you don't talk about it at all. If your conversation makes others uncomfortable, it should be dropped. However, mild joking is allowed. Most people here are at least 14, so you should be mature enough to handle mild innuendo.
7. Try to acknowledge everyone ;; if you blatantly ignore someone for no reason, you may be warned.
8. Don't RP in the cbox ;; things like /rolls/ and short things like that are fine every so often, but the cbox is generally for chatting. Keep it that way.
9. Don't bug people to post ;; we have lives, we will post when we can. Do not complain about people taking a while. This is almost the same as bugging, and really, no one wants to hear it/cares.
10. Don't act like staff ;; if you don't have a blue name, you have no right to tell other members what to do. Answering simple questions is fine, but if something is of a more serious nature, you will not intervene. Staff will do their job. If you’re trying to prove yourself for some reason, stepping on our toes is not the way to do it.
11. Do not complain in the cbox ;; if you have an issue, PM a staff member or use the support board. It is there for a reason. Furthermore, your thread may help other members in the future. If a staff member sees the cbox being flooded over some type of debate, it will be stopped. Cbox is for chatting; debates and the like can be done in OOC threads or not at all.
12. Do not bother staff about grading ;; we will usually get to your techs/apps/whatever within the hour. If by chance, your thread has gone for 5 hours or more untouched, it is then that you can give us a reminder.
13. Keep cool ;; if drama happens and you aren’t directly involved, keep it that way. In situations where drama has broken out in the cbox, all parties will be banned.
If a staff member warns you about breaking a rule, you will drop it immediately. If you argue or continue to break the rule, you will be banned, no questions asked. If you feel that you were wrongfully warned/banned, you can PM myself, or nyc with a cbox log of what happened. We will look over the issue and may rescind your ban if we deem it unfair.
Staff will be keeping a log of anyone who has been banned. First ban will only be an hour, next ban will be a day, then a week, a month, and then, if you still cannot follow the rules, you will have your cbox privileges permanently revoked. If you cause drama on the board in accordance, you will be permanently banned from the site. Remember that the cbox is a privilege. We do not pay for it for people to abuse it.